Below is a list of my goals for 2020, broken out by overall categories.
High power rocketry
Build and launch a small, low power rocket (A, B, or C motor).Done! Build and launch a low to mid power rocket (D, E, F, or G motor).Done! Build a high power rocket.Done! Launch high power rocket (H or I motor) and obtain level 1 certification.Done! Obtain L2 certification (J, K, or L motor, plus pass written exam).Done! Get additional flight experience, using K and L motors & dual deploy electronics.Done!
- Design, build, and fly a two-stage rocket.
Get a NAR Rocket Science Achievement Award in at least one category.Done!
- Obtain L3 certification (M, N, or O motor).
- Begin planning design for a very high altitude rocket.
Build an electronics bay with a flight computer capable of dual deployment.Done! Get a “Technician Class” amateur radio (“ham radio”) license from the FCC.Done! Learn more about electronics in a rocket and how telemetry works.Done! Rebuild e-bay for Darkstar Extreme to add full redundancy.Done!
Transform backyard shed into rocketry workshop.Done!
- Learn more about welding.
Create a video tutorial on building a high power rocket.Done!
- Write an “instructable” on how to build a high power rocket.
- Write an “instructable” on how to build an electronics bay for a rocket.
- Write and publish an article on the laws and regulations governing spaceflight and rockets (manned and unmanned).