As I’ve gotten more into rocketry, and especially high power rocketry, I’ve been increasingly aware of the limitations of my work area. Specifically, I didn’t have one. We have a fairly small house and there’s no dedicated space for gluing or drilling or doing anything with large parts. I had to temporarily co-opt our dining table.
We did, however, have a mundane shed in the backyard. It was in good shape, but was dark and dirty, with no windows or any natural light, no electrical wiring, and was generally just full of old junk that came with the house. But it had potential.
I decided one of my goals for 2020 was to convert this shed into a useful workshop, primarily for rocket-related projects. And it’s done!
Below is a series of articles on this project.